Job Description – Salon Assistant
Basic Function of the Salon Assistant
Looking for a full time salon assistant who is vibrant, energetic, and professional with a willingness to work hard in a team environment.
The main role of the salon assistant is to cater to the needs of the hairstylists working on the floor, and servicing clients. Secondary to helping the staff, maintaining a clean and tidy salon environment is expected.
Along with being a valuable asset to the team, salon assistants are privy to in salon education, as well as the opportunity for out of salon classes/seminars. You will have access to insider events, and the opportunity to be surrounded by talented staff.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
0-2 years (or more) of customer service in a retail and/or service industry.
Preferred: Salon experience
Skills, knowledge, and abilities
- Pleasant, outgoing, and friendly
- Problem solver
- Able to multitask
- Understands and applies verbal instructions in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Team player and able to adapt to sudden changes throughout the day
- Able to work 30+ hours weekly
- Ability to handle standing for long periods of time
- Effectively communicate with staff and clients
- Productive time management
- Focused and hard working
Duties and Responsibilities
- Shampooing and prepping clients
- Restocking supplies
- Tending/catering to client’s needs
- Washing/folding towels and robes
- Maintaining health and safety regulations and salon cleanliness upkeep
- Any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the owner